Dan + Hannah | May 2020 Wedding

I've had "wedding" on the brain all year...

Of course there was my own to plan & be excited about. And while the planning was horrible, the marriage part has been sublime.

Then there were about 10 other weddings since the beginning of the year to celebrate for many dear friends and family. This was wonderful and exhausting. (Mostly wonderful).

But then there were 2 weddings that I had the great pleasure & joy of not only witness, but also photograph.

Photographing weddings was my middle school dream.
And my high school dream.
And then I somehow got distracted by Aristotle & Aquinas in college...

But when the opportunities presented themselves to photograph weddings for the first time I was elated. While it was a dream from so many years ago, all I could think of was that we must certainly have a God who knows the desires of our hearts and even wants to bring those good and holy desires to fruition...even if our desires lay dormant for a time.

My first wedding to photograph was Hannah & Dan's. Their wedding came while quarantine regulations were still strict and faced many changes and challenges in their preparations yet everything of the day was holy, emotional, and beautiful.

Congratulations on your marriage, Hannah & Dan. May God grant you many happy years.
Mariah




Comments