5.26.2016

R E A D I N G | III


(what college reading looks like vs what summer reading looks like)


C U R R E N T L Y   R E A D I N G 

Brideshead Revisted | Evelyn Waugh 
Man Alive | GK Chesterton
Short Stories | Flannery O'Connor
Psalm 8 | King David 
The Unsettling of America | Wendell Berry
On Earth as It Is in Heaven | David Vincent Meconi, SJ


After several months of intensive reading + studying, I'm so.grateful. to have the chance to read for fun. College has made me enjoy reading far more than I ever have but has also made me a lot more prone to buying books.....and a lot of them....oopsie.  Oh well. Can't complain. Books make life just a smidgen more delightful, especially when you can talk your brother into setting up a hammock in the backyard. Mmmm. Bliss. 

What books are you burring your nose into this summer? 


6 comments:

  1. kristin lavransdatter, no name, all kinds of l.m. montgomery books. even with no school during the year i still feel the habit of summer being for "fun" reading. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm. Wonderful. Do you read these sorts of books aloud to Rosamund? I've been thinking that I should dedicate a couple weeks to revisiting childhood favorites such as Montgomery. It's been too long since I've picked up many of the books that I love years ago.

      Enjoy your reading list. ♥

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'M DYING.

      Thanks for making me laugh, you pompous old bear.

      Delete
  3. i LOVED Man's Search For Meaning -- did you?
    i'm currently re-building my reading list after not reading for quite awhile, but currently i'm re-reading Anne of Green Gables. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sofia! Everyone I know who has read Frankl's book really loved it which is why I feel so strange for not being that impressed. Granted, I was reading it for my intro to philosophy class and I was mostly just peeved that we were reading a psychology book when we could've been reading more Aristotle or Aquinas...so I feel a little cheated...that's not a great reason for not liking a book, but that's part of the equation.

      Anyway, it was okay, but by no means exemplary in my opinion. Perhaps I'm missing something and it deserves another chance. We'll see. :)

      Delete